In-Person Parent & Child Music is at the core of WeeJam, and was the first service provided, starting in 2017. Group classes were founded on six guiding principles, whose unique combination and approach set WeeJam apart from other group music classes: FUN, enriching, educational, child-centred, inclusive, and customized. WeeJam's integrative approach involves dancing, moving, and grooving. Build musical, social, gross- and fine-motor skills through making music with others.
REGISTRATION, IN-PERSON CLASSES
WeeJam has been online only since October 2020. In an effort to promote a safe way for families to make music together during the Covid-19 pandemic, there will be 6 outdoor, distanced classes offered between mid-May and June 2021. Come have fun, make music, and meet new friends in a safe, active, creative, and nurturing environment!
RAIN DATES: all classes are outside. If it is raining on the day of your class, you will receive notification that the class is postponed to the following day at the same time, i.e. a rained-out Monday class will be held on Tuesday, and a rained-out Saturday class will be held on Sunday.
Monday, May 17 at 10am: Ages 0-5 "At Home" Families This class is reserved for those children who do not have regular contacts with other children outside of the family unit because these families do not have their children in daycare, preschool, or school. This class is also suitable for those with chronic conditions or are immunosuppressed.
Wednesday, May 26 at 9am: Family Fun, 0-5 years
Saturday, June 5 at 10am: Family Fun, 0-5 years
Tuesday, June 8 at 9am: "Itsy Bitsy", 0-18 months
Thursday, June 17 at 9am: Family Fun, 0-5 years
Monday, June 21 at 10am: Family Fun, 0-5 years
The following guidelines will be strictly adhered to:
1. According to Quebec's mandates for outdoor activities in "red zones", the maximum number of participants in each class, including adults and children, is 8. Therefore, only one parent is permitted, since each adult takes the place of a potential child participant. If regulations change, registration will be increased to allow for a maximum of 5 families, as WeeJam allowed in the summer of 2020. Each class will have a waitlist to accommodate up to 5 families if future regulations allow.
2. Each family unit will bring their own blanket, which will serve as their zone for singing, playing, and dancing during the class. The edges of each family's blanket will be a minimum of 2 metres apart.
3. Adults will wear masks at all times.
4. All parents will complete and sign a health declaration and waiver onsite before they are permitted to enter the class area.
5. All participants are given sanitized instruments to use. However, if you wish to bring your own instruments, you are most certainly welcome!